The Marion outdoor pool is going to be bigger and better than ever!
Marion Council has announced that work has begun on the transformation of the 44-year old Marion pool into the biggest outdoor water park in Southern Adelaide. The redevelopment will upgrade the pool to a $4.5m water park, and we. can. not. wait!!!
The new improvements include:
Water play park with:
- 9.2 metre high x 20 metre wide centrepiece with four water slides, including one enclosed slide, tipping bucket containing 600 litres of water , and water cannons
- 59 sqm splash pad with non-slip surface, water jets and interactive features.
Expanding the site size site by 1800 sqm to create a family area with:
- Three new barbecues
- Three new shade structures
- Picnic areas
- New paths across the site to improve access for people of all abilities
- Disability access drinking fountain
New play equipment will also be installed.
All current activities, including lap swimming, aqua aerobics, swim school, open day, swimming tuition, carnivals, events, and VACSWIM will continue – but in an improved in environment.
The new look pool and family facility is hoping to open in early October ready for a summer of fun!
For more information: