Vitamin C loaded healthy kids muffin
There is nothing humble about this little muffin – it’s a SUPERFOOD SNACK! Loaded with Vitamin C, A, fibre and other fantastic nutrition, it’s well worth a try in your household!
For the super fussy eaters, try finely grating all the fruit and veg!
Recipe developed by Karina Savage from Smartbite Nutrition
(makes 12 regular muffins)
1/3 cup raw sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla essence
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
1.5 cups grated apple (2 medium apples)
1 1/3 cups finely grated carrot (1 large carrot)
2 Tablespoons finely grated orange rind
2 cups wholemeal Self Raising Flour
1. Preheat oven to 180 degrees celsius
2. Beat eggs, then mix first 7 ingredients together (leaving apple, carrot, orange and flour).
3. Add apple, carrot and orange and mix again with spoon
4. Add flour and mix again with spoon
5. Spoon mixture evenly into 12 patty pans (in muffin tray)
6. Bake for approx 20 mins until slightly brown on top. Cool in tray.
Smartbite Nutrition Consulting was established by Karina in 2007 to fill a niche need – supporting parents to manage tricky paediatric gut conditions such as food intolerances, food allergies, IBS (FODMAP), infant colic, constipation and Coeliac Disease.
Karina’s passion for the gut has led her to become an Australian leader in the field. She is renowned for her knowledge in paediatric gut disorders and nutrition and regularly presents on this topic, together with providing expert comment to media.
You might also like: