SPUD LITE RECIPE: SPICY HASSELBACK POTATOES
Yes, these spicy hasselback potatoes are calling your name… and are the perfect side dish for a festive table. Basically all of your potato dreams are coming true right here; crispy edges, tender middles as creamy as mash, and a spicy dressing infused with hot smoked paprika to give it a little extra kick! What more could a spud lover ask for?
Preparation time: 20 minutes
Cooking time: 1 hour 10 minutes
Serves: 6-8 as a side
1.5kg Spud Lite potatoes
½ cup olive oil
2 cloves garlic, crushed
2 teaspoons hot smoked paprika
2 tablespoons lemon thyme leaves, finely chopped
Salt flakes and freshly ground black pepper
½ cup parmesan, grated
Fresh thyme leaves, to garnish
1. Preheat oven to 200°C (180°C fan-forced). Line a baking tray with baking paper
2. Boil potatoes for 10 minutes. Drain and refresh under cold water.
3. For the dressing, combine olive oil, garlic, paprika, rosemary, salt and freshly ground black pepper together in a small mixing bowl, stirring to combine.
4. To cut potatoes, place between two chopsticks and slice down at 5mm intervals. The chopsticks prevent knife cutting all the way through. Repeat the process with all the potatoes. Place prepared potatoes in a large roasting pan.
5. Drizzle mixture over the top of each potato, until evenly coated in oil mixture. Sprinkle parmesan over the top of each potato and bake in a preheated oven for 1 hour or until golden and crispy.
To serve, squeeze lemon over the potatoes and sprinkle with fresh thyme leaves.
SPUD LITE are available at all good supermarkets.
For more recipes: