Register your teen now for online Urban Art Tutorials in the July school holidays!
Do you have a creative kiddo in the family?
A young artiste that pours over images of urban street art on Instagram?
Are you looking for school holiday activities to engage your teen’s artistic flair and get them thinking outside the box with their creativity?
If you answered yes to any of these questions, or just want something fun and different for your teen to have a go at in the upcoming school break, then Canvas Urban Art Tutorials will be right up your alley.
This immersive online creative series, shining a spotlight on urban street art, is the first of its kind, and a free resource for budding teen artists, brought to you by The City of Norwood Payneham & St. Peters during the July school holidays, Monday 6 – Friday 17 July 2020.
Canvas Urban Art Tutorials
The series of creative, online art tutorials, hosted by artists from Adelaide Central School of Art (ACSA), is designed to encourage students and budding artists to develop their skills while getting involved with the local community.
Students will be inspired by local, Adelaide-based street artists, and have access to exclusive artist talks, insight into different techniques and methodologies of urban art, the use of colour, creating stylised art, as well as guides on where to find some of the best public art in our state. Along the way, participants will be encouraged to get involved in activities to create their very own artwork based on their local environment.
Who can get involved
- Designed for teens at all levels of drawing experience
Canvas Urban Art Tutorials is a free course is delivered online and your young artist will have access to:
- Video talks by local Adelaide-based mural and street artists
- Drawing demos by ACSA graduate and teen drawing instructor Alex Beckinsale
- A range of activities and instruction videos to get them creating their own urban art
- Understanding of different techniques and ideas about urban art, the use of colour, creating stylised art and what public art is
- Access to a range of dedicated resources to support learning and development in arts practice
- Opportunity to have completed works exhibited in the Canvas Urban Youth Art Exhibition later in the year
- Urban art tutorials, talks, activities and resources will become available during the July School Holidays, Monday 6 – Friday 17 July 2020
Whether your teen is just giving art a try or they’re experienced and looking to explore different techniques, these urban art tutorials will inspire creativity, help find and build confidence, and improve overall artistic practice!
For more information:
You might also like: