DIY felt matching memory game banner!
YOU WILL NEED
• Felt sheets in various colours
• Craft glue
• 1x large piece of felt (1 metre long x 65cm wide)
• Sewing needle
• Embroidery thread
• Fabric scissors
1. Mark out a point on the bottom of your banner with chalk.
2. Cut along your marked line.
3. Place your dowel along the top of the felt and fold it over, then sew it closed with the needle and embroidery thread.
4. Cut rope to desired length, and tie to both sides of the dowel.
5. Using coloured felt, cut out some letters to make the categories for your match game, and some arrows to play!
6. Glue your category headers to the top of your wall hanging. We decided to match artists with their artworks, but you could design your own theme. You could try matching scientists to their inventions or books to their main characters!
7. Now for the fun bit: making the stars of your wall hanging!
Each felt artist we made started with 2 eyes, 1 nose, 1 mouth and 2 cheeks glued down onto a head shape. You can use this formula to make any character you like!
8. Using your imagination and various colours of felt, cut and glue di erent accessories to your characters.
9. Keep going until you have enough to fill your wall hanging. We made 5 artists and 5 artworks. We made use of our le over scraps to make the Artists’ famous works.
10. You’re ready to play! Do not glue down your matches so that you can mix them up and test your kids!