by Gemma Easton
KIDZ GIGANTIC DAY OUT
April 19 & 20 Easter Long Weekend
Looking to entertain the kids this Easter Long Weekend? Don’t miss Adelaide’s biggest and most exciting kids’ event, Kidz Gigantic Day Out (KGDO)!
Held in the heart of the City at the Adelaide Convention Centre, this family-friendly event features four fun, interactive zones providing hours of entertainment for everyone from toddlers to teens. Don’t miss the exclusive PJ Masks ‘Meet the Heroes’ Live Stage Show!
FOUR FUN, INTERACTIVE ZONES
Suitable for all ages, get active and burn some energy!
- Castle Capers Mega Obstacle Challenge (35m+ long!)
- SANFL handball cube
- Little Athletics high jump demos
- FFSA soccer shootout
Science & Nature Play
A must for all budding professors and those who are simply mad for science! Offering a fascinating line-up of activities, you’ll be entertained for hours – with something for all ages!
- Monster indoor nature playground with sandpit, cubby building and fairy garden
- Native animals
- Bugs ‘N’ Slugs
- Dig A Dino
- Three giant SciWorld Stardomes
- SciWorld electric circuits
- Switched On Kids STEM Workshops, featuring everything from robotics to bridge building, the Rubiks Cube Challenge and more!
- 3D Arts & Crafts
Adelaide’s favourite LEGO® fan event! Check out an incredible range of creative builds, including themed Avengers, Star Wars and giant DUPLO® creations PLUS vehicles, trains, spaceships and everyone’s favourite Great Ball Contraption! Love to build? Don’t miss the fantastic range of LEGO® retailers; DUPLO® and LEGO® play tables; flexo and disceez target; and loads more interactive games and activities.
Inspect and explore a thrilling series of real life ‘Big Rigz’. Don’t forget to bring your camera for a great range of photo opportunities!
- Variety Bash cars, motorbikes and recovery vehicles
- CFS Fire Engines
- Army tanks and military personnel carriers
+ A RANGE OF EXCITING NEW FEATURES
- Native Animal Stage Show: a fun and interactive show featuring a range of native animals including a bettong, quokka, tawny frogmouth, squirrel glider and reptiles.
- The Scientific Bubble Show: discover the amazing sciences of bubbles with bubble-ologist Marty McBubble and his mesmerising, interactive bubbly experiments. Think bubble volcanoes, bubble rockets, bubble cubes, bubble sculptures and more!
- SciWorld Spectacular Science Stage Show: brilliant science demonstrations weaved into a high-energy, engaging show that captivates and inspires.
LOLLIPOP POP-UP MARKET
Who doesn’t love a good market! Visit the Lollipop Pop-Up Market onsite at KGDO for a delightful range of handmade, one-of-a-kind and unique items specially designed for babies, kids, mums and dads. You’re sure to walk away with something special!
Messy fun for the little ones (ages 6 months – 2 years)! A wonderful range of sensory experiences including bubbles, sand and much, much more!
WOOLWORTHS ‘FRESH FRUIT FOR KIDS’
A great ‘recharge’ station for parents and kids alike; enjoy a break from all the activity with a FREE healthy snack, colouring and lounge areas!
PLASTER FUN HOUSE
Creative fun for all ages! Choose a plaster model and decorate using a colourful array of paints and accessories. Please note, this is an additional paid experience and not included in your KGDO ticket price.
PJ MASKS ‘MEET THE HEROES’ LIVE STAGE SHOW
Learn what it takes to be a hero and a member of the PJ Masks team with Catboy, Owlette and Gekko in PJ Masks ‘Meet the Heroes’! In this live interactive training session, everyone will have fun while learning the secrets of thwarting the night time villains. Sing, dance and perform the PJ Masks special super power moves to discover the real meaning of being a hero.
Admission to this high-energy Stage Show is included as part of your Kidz Gigantic Day Out booking. Select your preferred show time when booking your ticket and plan your day accordingly!
LOCATION: PJ Masks Theatre
DAILY SHOW TIMES: 10.30am, 12noon, 1.30pm, 3.00pm
DURATION: 25 mins
Colour or Design Your Own Minifig Competition
WIN a family pass to Kidz Gigantic Day Out, or a shopping spree at Switched On Kids, Adelaide’s top online store for interactive, educational toys for all ages! There are two major $250 prizes up for grabs – one for the winner of the colouring competition (open to ages 8 and younger), and one for the winner of the poster art competition (open to ages 15 and younger), plus runner up prizes! The theme for this year’s poster art competition is ‘design your own minifig!’
To enter, simply download the colouring sheet or minifig design template below and submit your completed entry via email to email@example.com by Sunday, 7 April at 8pm ACST. Keep an eye out for finalists in each category, which will be published on their Facebook page on 8 April.
19 – 20 April
10am – 5pm
Held in the heart of the City at the Adelaide Convention Centre